Saturday, May 3, 2008

Creamy Shells with Tomatoes and White Beans


Sounds (and looks) yum, right? You know, it is the image that makes or breaks a recipe for me. I was very intrigued by this recipe because of this picture here on the right. Shells? Tomatoes? Garlic? Creamy? What could be bad about that?! But after having made the dish, unfortch it is not one of my faves.

Messes: I've decided that anything that includes heavy cream is probably not going to be my favorite thing to make. I'm not sure what it is exactly but heavy cream just is a little too much for me. Don't get me wrong, this dish came out just fine but the overall taste was a bit too strong. Perhaps a little less garlic and a little more parm would help but it seemed the leftovers tasted better than the fresh meal - and, in my book at least, it should be the other way around.

Successes: Definitely a good combination of food but I would cut out the heavy cream and sub in some EVOO perhaps. Anything to lighten it up a bit.

Creamy Shells with Tomatoes and White Beans [Rachael Ray]

No comments: