Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pork Spaghettini

Total YUM! This dish reminded me of one of my favorite restaurants in Boca -- Stir Crazy. It's known for a make-your-own stir fry bar and it always goes down smooth. I changed this recipe up a bit but the variation still came out quite well if I do say so myself. Definitely recommend this one!

Messes: Hmm...can't really think of any for once. I couldn't find any regular roasted peanuts for some reason at my grocery store; any other type of nut you wanted but roasted peanuts. I bought some honey roasted ones in hopes that it would make the dish have a little sweeter kick to it but in the end I decided against the garnish. Might have been good for that extra little crunch but you can choose what you'd prefer.

Successes: I actually substituted chicken for the pork in this one as I'm a much bigger fan of the latter. I also had no idea what "spaghettini" was so I just grabbed some regular ol spaghetti, whole wheat actually. It seems more brands are jumping on the 'whole wheat wagon' so there's more of a variety now. I'm not sure how much better it actually is for you but I'd like to think it's a lot so I'll stick with the whole wheat these days. And it doesn't change the taste at all! This dish was fun to make and smelled and tasted delish. I will certainly be stirring some up again soon.

Pork Spaghettini
[Rachael Ray]

*UPDATE* Spaghetti vs. Spaghettini
Spaghettini is the thinner form of your typical spaghetti, aka angel hair

No comments: