Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sirloin Veggie Stir-Fry

A favorite in my house! And by house I mean James and I. I know what you're thinking...another stir fry recipe...how can it be any different? Oh but it is! This one uses beef and a variety of strong flavored veggies. At first I didn't think they would blend together well but when it's all stirred up the flavors are perfect!

Messes: As much as I love love love this meal, it is a little bit of a challenge to make. Everything cooks so quickly. If you notice in the recipe, each step is timed out at only a few minutes each. You gotta be really quick to get everything just right and not over cook them. The broccoli rabe cooks for 3 minutes, beef for 3, pasta for 3, onions for 2, etc. It all comes at you really quick so I would suggest having everything chopped up and ready to go before you turn on the heat. James and I have this deal where I cook and he cleans and although this is one of his favorites, the dishes are always a nightmare. I have so many bowls waiting in the sink for him -- poor guy. At least he's got a full tummy. haha

Successes: Eating this is your success. Every time I try a new recipe I get nervous about how it turned out. I don't always measure things out exactly or time them just as the recipe calls or I'll leave out an ingredient I don't like (such as hot peppers) so it makes me worried about how the end product will be. But, I have to say, the second I try a bite all my worries vanish. I guess you'll have to try this one to find out but take my word for it, all your hard work on this one will be worth it.

Sirloin Veggie Stir-Fry [Rachael Ray]

No comments: