Saturday, May 3, 2008

Three Bean and Beef Chili


An easy to make chili recipe that can feed a whole family -- mine did. I first made this for a family gathering. We had some other dishes to savor but this was the main one and it was heavily favored. I kept my pot mild by leaving out the chipotle but feel free to add as much of a kick as you'd like. When serving a large group it's always better to go mild then bold. I just made sure to keep a bottle of hot sauce on the table for those interested in some heat.

Messes: Only thing I would suggest is letting it simmer a bit longer. It was definitely cooked but the longer it simmers the more flavorful it becomes. We were all ready to eat it though so I didn't have much time to waste. Once it was cooked I had a line of hungry guests to feed!

Successes: Definitely a success. I made it a second time and had lots of leftovers for lunch that week.

Three Bean and Beef Chili [Food Network]

No comments: