Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Amy's Bread Cupcakes

Last fall a charity (which I can't remember the name of for the life of me) was having a special cupcake promotion throughout the city. Amy's Bread was on the list so I decided to try one. After all, a portion of my hard earned money was going to charity! But it's a good thing it was for a cause because I don't think I would try one again. I had a cupcake similar to the one pictured here and it was very dry and crumbly. That's one thing that I hate -- cupcakes that fall apart into little pieces. How can you enjoy a cupcake if it's in one hundred little crumbs? Maybe it was because I tasted mine towards the end of the day but it just wasn't what I was hoping. Their cupcakes are also very tall which made for a difficult time eating it. You shouldn't need a fork to eat a cupcake. The point is that it's a bite size version of a full piece of cake. Finger foods, people! :) So all in all, not my favorite cake in the city.


THE JOURNEY:
Amai Tea and Bake House
Amy's Bread
Babycakes
Batch
Billy's Bakery
Buttercup Bake Shop
Butterlane Cupcakes
Crumbs
Cupcake Cafe
Eleni's
How Sweet It Is
Lux Sugar*
Magnolia
Martha's Country Bakery*
Make My Cake
Out of the Kitchen
Royale Cafe and Pastry (sells Baked* cupcakes!)
Starbucks (limited time only)
Sweet Revenge
Tribeca Treats
Two Little Red Hens

*Borough bakeries

No comments: