Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beantown Bakes!

James and I recently took our first trip to Boston and I made it a point to find a few local bakeries to sample. Here's what we found:

Lulu's Bake Shoppe
This little bakery is located on Hanover Street in the North End. The employee working there was a little strange and didn't seem like she wanted to make a sale and the case wasn't as well stocked as I would have liked but the cupcake certainly made up for it!

Me and my chocolate cupcake with raspberry icing. It was amazing!
I need to find a recipe for this icing...

Sweet
This bakery was like walking into a dream. The store was bright and clean and the cupcakes had a glow to them that made them even more appetizing. It was hard to select just one here.

I decided on the Key Lime cupcake and was pleasantly surprised to find some key lime pie type filling inside. James tried the Bananas Foster. I think I actually liked his a little better. All in all, it was a great bakery and I highly recommend it! I'll be back, Sweet!

No comments: