Thursday, March 19, 2009

Buttercup Bake Shop

I was bad yesterday...I had TWO cupcakes in ONE day. But this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I had already made plans to venture over to Tonnie's Minis and grab a cake but when I returned to the office, I found a co-worker sharing her box of Buttercup Bake Shop cakes. It was a FREE cupcake and one that was on my list of places to try. How could I refuse? I'm embarrassed...


I have to say though, Tonnie's was better. These were, how you say? Meh. I was totally unimpressed. The buttercream was very sweet and the cupcakes were dry and crumbly. Not so great. I tried a chocolate cake with blue buttercream on top. It was pretty but not so fantastic. My cake was next to a cake with marshmellow frosting and a little rubbed off onto mine - that was tasty - so maybe, if there is a next time, I'll try that. But all in all I wasn't so thrilled with them. Needs improvement.

I do approve of their slogan though, "Life is uncertain, eat dessert first." LOVE! James will tell you, I say this myself. :)

THE JOURNEY:
Amai Tea and Bake House
Amy's Bread
Babycakes
Batch
Billy's Bakery
Buttercup Bake Shop
Butterlane Cupcakes
Crumbs
Cupcake Cafe
Dessert Club ChikaLicious
Eleni's
How Sweet It Is
Kitchenette
Lux Sugar*
Magnolia
Martha's Country Bakery*
Make My Cake
Out of the Kitchen
Royale Cafe and Pastry (sells Baked* cupcakes!)
Starbucks (limited time only)
Sugar Sweet Sunshine
Sweet Revenge
Tribeca Treats
Tonnie's Minis
Two Little Red Hens

*Borough bakeries

No comments: