Friday, April 3, 2009

Sweet Revenge

Another cupcake in the (work) neighborhood. Sweet Revenge is not your typical bakery. While they push their cupcakes as one of their signature treats, they offer a bunch of other foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have yet to try anything other than their cupcakes but the place is pretty cute and the food sounds appetizing.

So let's get into it. The cupcakes are somewhat unusual looking, particularly the frosting, and they remind me of the iconic Sydney Opera House. Strange, I know. I've tried a few of their "signature cupcakes" including the Pure (vanilla), Dirty (chocolate), and Crimson & Cream (red velvet). And while I enjoyed each there's just something about them that is...interesting. I'm not sure if that's the right word. But the cakes are moist and the icing is plentiful. I'm interested in trying some of their "special of the day" cakes too.

I guess it's not a bakery that I crave but I can't really complain about it either. They are good - just not great. I give them points for creativity though for sure!

Sweet Revenge also offers frosting shots and cupcake wine and beer pairings. Very unique. I like!


THE JOURNEY:

Amai Tea and Bake House
Amy's Bread
Babycakes
Batch
Billy's Bakery
Buttercup Bake Shop
Butterlane Cupcakes
Crumbs
Cupcake Cafe
Dessert Club ChikaLicious
Eleni's
How Sweet It Is
Kitchenette
Lux Sugar*
Magnolia
Martha's Country Bakery*
Make My Cake
Out of the Kitchen
Royale Cafe and Pastry (sells Baked* cupcakes!)
Starbucks (limited time only)
Sugar Sweet Sunshine
Sweet Revenge
Tribeca Treats
Tonnie's Minis
Two Little Red Hens

*Borough bakeries

No comments: